Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Sunday, July 15, 2012

wonderful recycled English potting shed


During my recent antiques buying trip in the UK, I found this wonderfully recycled potting shed at the back of an antiques store in Sussex.  I couldn't help but take (many!) pictures as I instantly fell in love.  I think it shows that with a wee bit of imagination and clever recycling you can make something great out of almost worthless objects...


The walls are made from old fruit crates and the old door is missing glass.  But hey, it is a potting shed, not a house!  So who cares?


I love the old cart as well, potted with seedlings.  We bought a really sweet cart on the trip, I will try and remember to post a picture next time.  Actually, it almost didn't fit into the load as it was most awkward.  Luckily it was one of the last items to go in, I would have been sad to leave it behind.


Vintage garden tools are hung from the crate walls. 


I love stacks of vintage terracotta pots, as you may know if you have seen our garden room at the store.  Again, this shelf is made from recycled crates, perfect for air and water flow. 


I have always wanted a potting shed.  I once posted about the sophisticated potting shed in the film "It's Complicated" (click here for previous post) but I prefer this recycled version.  And you know what?  I have always wanted a little potting shed and now I am starting to think it may not be such a dream after all...

4 comments:

  1. Great !!! i also like the zinc pots next to the shed....wowwwww!!...lovely sunday....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria, I like the zinc pots too, they look great planed with olive trees... Thank you for stopping in, Tammy

      Delete
  2. This information is priceless. Where can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete